I've been reading a hilarious blog post with 99 of funniest things seen on CVs. Here are a few of the best:
- “I’m not going to waste your time by lying. I have no skills, yet.”
- “Current Salary: £28,000. Desired Salary: £170,000.”
- “Whilst working in this role, I had intercourse with a variety of people”
- “Responsibilities included recruiting, interviewing and executing final candidates.”
- “I forced myself to like olives.”
- “Planned building of new building at £2.5 million over budget.”
Reason for leaving:
- “It was hard work.”
- “They insisted that all staff get to work by 8:45 every morning. Couldn’t work under those conditions.”
- “I Speak English and Spinach.”
- “I can type without looking at thekeyboard.”
Education and Qualifications
- “Who needs educasion these days? I learnt everything I know from the world and tv.”
Hobbies and Interests:
- “My interests include cooking dogs and interesting people.” **
- “I have 14 cats”
The moral of the story? Proofread your CV! And be honest, but not too honest.
You can read the rest of the 99 here.
*The words in italics are the ones you should check if you don't understand the mistake.
**My dear students, you may think your teacher is just boring you with grammar, but here is proof that grammar is important.